When I found the recipe I immediatelly wanted to try making it myself. But my hubby said why didn't I just buy it from the store. He said I would put myself in trouble and he wasn't so certain that the taste would be good too. But, as any other women in the world, off course I didn't listen to what he said.. so I still made it myself. When he saw the croquettes done, he wanted to taste the croquettes straight away off couse.. and the results, he put his thumbs up!!! Yaaaiiii, my first homemade Belgian shrimp croquettes were as delicious as from the package or even better. Here now I'm sharing it with you. It's very easy yet delicious.
Belgian shrimp croquettes
30 g butter
30 g flour
2 dl milk
1/2 dl cream
150 g North sea shrimp (any small shrimp will work)
1 dash of oil
1. Melt the butter and stir in the flour until a yellow paste.
2. Gradually add the milk and stirring well until a thick sauce.
3. Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks and add to the sauce. Stir in the shrimp and add the pepper.
4. Spread the masses and let cool. Form the croquettes.
5. Beat the egg whites separately with a dash of oil, rolling the rolls by the breadcrumbs, egg white and then the breadcrumbs. Press well and make sure that the wraps are everywhere covered.
6. Bake in the hot frying oil until brown and crispy.
**You can add chopped parsley in the masses too if you like.