Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bubur Ayam // Chicken Porridge

Bubur is a favourite breakfast food, and many food vendors pass through the streets at dawn to serve it at residences, while calling "bubur". A popular version is "bubur ayam", which is porridge with chicken meat. In contrast to many other Indonesian dishes, it is not spicy.


I just found out from wikipedia that bubur is also called "congee".... well, I never knew it before..

Bubur can be made in a pot or in a rice cooker. Some rice cookers even have a "congee/bubur/porridge" setting, allowing the user to cook their breakfast congee overnight.

Besides functioning as an everyday meal, porridge is considered to be food therapy for the unwell. Ingredients can be determined by their supposed therapeutic value as well as flavor.

More information about congee/bubur/porridge please click here.

Bubur Ayam // Chicken Porridge
(source: Kumpulan Resep Sedap Khusus Pemula)

Ingredients:
200 gr rice
2 eatspoons sesame oil
1/2 chicken
1 eatspoon salt
2 litres water

Complements:
Cakwe, slicely cut
spring onions, finely chopped
celery, finely chopped
kecap asin (salty dark soy sauce)


Directions:

1. Wash rice until clean, enter in the pot. Add sesame oil, mix thoroughly.

2. Enter the chicken, salt and water. Let them boiling and stirring occasionally.

3. Remove the chicken from the pot, then fried and afterwards shredded in small pieces. Put aside.

4. Stir the porridge again and cook again until the porridge becomes thick.

5. Pour the porridge in the bowl, sprinkle with the complements and shredded chicken.

No comments:

Labels

Followers