Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Low Fat Tomato Quiche
For a quick warm lunch or brunch, quiche is the best solution. It's easy to make and you can put anything you like in it. Quiche is known as tart or flan. Normally I use milk or cream in the egg mixture, but this time I try to replace it with low fat yogurt. Eventhough the taste is slightly different, but surely lighter and low calorie than using milk or cream.
9 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125 gr low fat yogurt
nutmeg, salt, pepper to season
100 gr grated cheese
1. Preheated the oven to 200°c. Prepare and bake the pastry according to pastry's directions in the packaging.
2. Mix the yogurt, eggs, salt & pepper in a container.
3. Scatter the cherry tomatoes and grated cheese on the bottom of the pastry case.
4. Pour the yogurt mixture and scatter the grated cheese on top.
5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the filling solid. Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold with mix salads.