Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Beef Rendang

Rendang is a dish made from beef slowly cooked in coconut milk and spices for several hours. The slow cooking process allows the meat to absorb all the spices and to become tender. Though rendang is sometimes described as being like a curry, and the name is sometimes applied to curried meat dishes in Malaysia, authentic rendang is nothing like a curry.

Beef Rendang
(source: Menu Sehari-hari Yasa Boga)

Ingredients:
500 gr beef
2 tablesps dessicated coconut
2 sticks sereh/lemongrass
5 lime leaves
1 ltr coconut milk
2 curry leaves
1-2 teasp(s) tamarind paste
salt to season

ingredients to be grinded:
3 big red chillies
4 shallots
2 teasps ground coriander
1 teasp ginger
2 teasps curcuma


Directions:
1. Heat the oil in the deep pan. Add in the pan the paste, lemongrass, lime leaves, curry leaves and tamarind. Stir fry until fragrant.

2. Add the beef and dessicated coconut in the pan, stir fry until the beef colored.

3. Add the coconut milk and salt in the mixture, stir well. Lower the heat.

4. Let the rendang slowly cooking and once in a while stirring the mixture.

5. Remove from the fire after the beef is tender and the liquid is dry.

No comments:

Labels

Followers