Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Watercress Salad


It's summer time but we have more rain than sun. It's really boring for the children who are having two months holiday and not being able to play outside. Eventhough it rains a lot, the temperature is quite high, it makes me sweeting to cook. Most of the time I just cook something easy and fast which doesn't require plenty time standing in the kitchen. For lunch I make more salads and eaten with sandwich or bread. Like this watercress salad, it's a bit bitter from the watercress but at the same time it's also refreshing and juicy from the orange. Really worth it to try... I'm sure you will like it.

I'm placing the ingredients exactly like in the book, while I prefer to make it in random, just according to my own taste. Mine here is without slices of celery, chives and nuts since I'm allergic to nuts. I like to put more oranges in the salad. For the dressing I use vinaigrette from a bottle. If you have time, use the dressing recipe here, I'm sure it's much delicious.

This is my entry for Jugalbandi click photo event for the month July 2009 with the theme Bi-Colour.


Watercress Salad
(source: Book "Dinner with friends")

500 gr watercress
3 sticks white celery
1 cumcumber
3 oranges
1 red onion, slice in rings
35 gr chives
60 gr chopped pecan nuts or walnuts

Dressing:
60 ml olive oil
60 ml lime juice
2 teaspoons rasped orange skin
1 teaspoon coarse mustard
1 teaspoon honey

Directions:
Take the watercress sprigs and discard the thick stalks away. Cut the celery into strips 5 cm long. Peel the cucumber, cut it horizontally in half, remove seeds and cut it into thin slices.

Peel the oranges and remove the white, divide it into segments and remove the sheet. Put everything in the refrigerator until use.

Whisk the dressing oil, lemon juice, blood orange, mustard, honey and freshly ground black pepper together.

Put all the ingredients except the nuts in salad bowl. Pour the dressing over it and scoop everything together. Finally sprinkle the pacannoten or awalnoten on it.

1 comment:

Mangala Bhat said...

Hey 1st time here ..Beautiful entry !I know u will win..:)

Labels

Followers