Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Malaysian Fish Curry

I just realise that I haven't been posting a lot about preparing food with fish. Actually I have a very good fish curry recipe that I haven't posted here, i.e. Malaysian Fish Curry. I have eaten this fish curry few years ago on a plane flying to Jakarta. Since then I was searching to find the exact recipe but without success.

Until someday my hubby bought me "Wok Cooking Book" which has the recipe of this fish curry. When I tried to make it, it tasted exactly the same as I've eaten on that plane. You can imagine how happy and satisfied I was at that time. And since then this dish became our favorite fish dish, served with steamy rice... :p

Malaysian Fish Curry
(source: Wok Kookboek)

Ingredients:
Paste:
4 cm ginger
3 red chillies (1 teaspoon sambal ulek)
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 stick lemon grass
1 teaspoon terasi/shrimp paste (can be deleted)
2 tablespoon oil

1/2 tablespoon curry powder
125 ml coconut milk
1/2 tablespoon tamarind water
1/2 tablespoon kecap manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
125 ml water
1 teaspoon chicken broth powder
250 gr fish fillet
1 tomato
1 tablespoon lime juice


Directions:
1. Use the blender to blend the paste ingredients until smooth.

2. Stir fry the paste for about 3 minutes, then add with curry powder. Stir well.

3. Add the coconut milk, tamarind water, kecap manis, chicken broth and water in the pan. Lower the heat and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.

4. Add in the fish, slices tomato and lime juice, continue to cook until the fish done.

3 comments:

Silvia said...

Salam Kenal, minta ijin ja link blognya. I enjoyed your blog alot, great pictures and yummy recipes! thank you for sharing!

Lintang Dewani said...

Hallo Silvia, thanks & silakan di link..

Karine said...

This dish looks to be full of flavors! thanks for sharing the recipe!

Labels

Followers