Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mixed berry yoghurt cake

This is extremely simple recipe which will not require you to spend hours in the kitchen. This cake can be made using a variety of flavours and as final touch I like to sprinkle with raspberry coulis.

Mixed berry yoghurt cake
(source: Simply Irresistible French Desserts by Christelle Le Ru)

125 gr natural yoghurt
250 gr sugar (I used 200 gr)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 eggs
1 lemon rind
230 gr flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
50 ml vegetable oil
mixed berry jam

Topping:
Fresh mixed berry
Icing sugar

As final touch I added raspbery coulis

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 160°c. Grease a 25 cm ring tin or cupcake tins.

2. Beat the yoghurt, sugar, vanilla essence, eggs and lemon rind together in a mixing bowl.

3. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and vegetable oil and mix until well combined.

4. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared tin(s), spoon the mixed berry jam on top and cover with the remainder of the batter.

5. Bake for 35 minutes or until a fine skewer or toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool.

6. Before serving, place the cleaned mixed berries in the centre of the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar and raspberry coulis.

No comments:

Labels

Followers