This is extremely simple recipe which will not require you to spend hours in the kitchen. This cake can be made using a variety of flavours and as final touch I like to sprinkle with raspberry coulis.
Mixed berry yoghurt cake
(source: Simply Irresistible French Desserts by Christelle Le Ru)
125 gr natural yoghurt
250 gr sugar (I used 200 gr)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 lemon rind
230 gr flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
50 ml vegetable oil
mixed berry jam
Fresh mixed berry
As final touch I added raspbery coulis
1. Preheat oven to 160°c. Grease a 25 cm ring tin or cupcake tins.
2. Beat the yoghurt, sugar, vanilla essence, eggs and lemon rind together in a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and vegetable oil and mix until well combined.
4. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared tin(s), spoon the mixed berry jam on top and cover with the remainder of the batter.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until a fine skewer or toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool.
6. Before serving, place the cleaned mixed berries in the centre of the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar and raspberry coulis.