It's a little bit strange to name these cookies in English. We always call it Sagu Keju. It's made from tapioca or sago powder and added with grated cheese.
These are another kinds of cookies where you can easily find at every houses in Indonesia during the end of Ramadhan feast. I can say that these are my favorite cookies. I just love it when I take a bite of these cookies.... the crunch, the softness and the sweetness, the cheese taste... all these tastes are melted in the tongue. It's difficult to describe it in words, you just have to experience it yourself.
This is also my entry for Jugalbandi Click Event which this month theme is Crust.
120 gr margarine
100 gr butter
125 gr icing sugar
3 egg yolks
150 gr edam cheese, grated
300 gr sago/tapioka powder, sifted
50 gr maizena, sifted
50 gr flour, sifted
1. Whisk margarine, butter and sugar until soft.
2. Add egg yolks, stir well.
3. Put tapioca, maizena and flour terigu in the butter mixture. Stir well.
4. Make figures or shapes using decorating tubes.
5. Bake in the oven at 150°C for about 30 minutes.