Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sticky Dates Cake

My husband loves dates. Don't take it wrong, it's not dates having a romance or so, but dates, a sweet, oblong fruits of date palm. Dates are healthy sweet snack which contain approx. 120 calories per 5-6 pieces. They contain no fat or cholesterol but a good souce of fiber and reduce the risk of heart disease or cancer.

In the month of Ramadhan, dates are also served for breaking fast. Fasting people need calories to give more energy and vitality to survive fully Ramadhan month. One of sweet sources is to find in dates.

This dates cake is one kind of recipes using dates. Like my other recipes, this cake is easy to make and sticky delicious. In fact my family loves it too.


Ingredients:
200 gr dates, remove the stones, then rouhgly chopped
2,5 dl water
1 tsp baking soda
100 gr butter
170 gr sugar
2 eggs
1 pack vanilla sugar
185 gr selfraising flour


Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven on 180°c. Grease the 20x20 cake pan and cover with baking paper.
2. Heat dates and water in a pan until boiled. Remove from fire, then add natriumcarbonat. Stir well and put aside to cool.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs gradually and keep beating. Add vanilla sugar in and whisk well.
4. Spoon the flour with metal spoon into the dates mixture and stir carefully.
5. Then add dates flour mixture into butter mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Leave the cake 10 minutes in the cake pan before removed.

No comments:

Labels

Followers