Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet Spices Beef


When the first time I made this dish, it turned out that this dish becoming one of me & my hubby favorite dishes. I just love the sweetness combined with the mild spices taste in the meat. So yummieee.... If it's too spicy, you can always reduce the chilli paste.

Ingredients:
300 gr beef
3 red onions
3 garlics
2 cm fresh ginger/jahe
2 cm fresh curcuma/kunyit (or 2 tsps curcuma powder)
3 kemiri nuts
1 eatsp chilli paste/sambal ulek
1/2 tsp cumin/jinten
1/2 tsp pepper
a pinch of salt
2 esps tamarind water
2 esps coconut sugar/palm sugar/gula jawa
2 esps dessicated coconut
3-4 esps kecap manis/sweet soy sauce
300 ml coconut milk/santan


Directions:
1. Cook the meat with water until the meat tender. Cut into thin slices. If necessary stamp the meat flat to make it more tender.
2. Using a blender, blend the red onions, garlics, ginger, curcuma, kemiri, chilli, cumin, pepper, salt and palm sugar until smooth and turning as a paste.
3. Heat the wok with a bit oil, then fry the spices paste in it until you smell the spices flavour.
4. Add with tamarind water, dessicated coconut and kecap manis. Stir in together.
5. Put the meat in the mixture, stir well.
6. Last one, add with coconut milk. Leave it simmer until the sauce becoming thick. Stir well. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Labels

Followers