Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Singapore Noodles

If you're googling looking for this dish, you'll find many recipes circling on the air. They all look so delicious but sometimes I find the ingredients are a little bit too complicated. In my opinion cooking doesn't have to be so difficult, the simple the ingredients are, the most tasty and great result you'll achieve, otherwise the taste is just too overwhelming especially with herbs and spices. But yeah, who the hell I am, telling people what to do...:o))... (**please don't get offended, just ignore what I just said.. yeah I'm an annoying person).

Then I found a cooking book from library and saw this recipe, so I went to try making it. The result was really great, it tasted just like I wanted it i.e. not too spicy and mild taste from the spices. You can really taste the mixture of Chinese and Indian food in this dish.

Singapore Noodles
adapted from 'Het Complete Wok Kookboek"

Ingredients:
400 gr dry ricenoodles, soak in hot water until become soft, drained
250 Boneless chicken, cut in thin slices
Carrot, cut in thin slices
Chinese cabbage
Leek, cut in thin slices
2 garlics, crushed
2 cm ginger, grated
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
4 tablespoons soya sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder

Methods:
1. Heat the oil in the wok.
2. Fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken in the wok and stir fry until the chicken colored.
4. Add the carrot and leek in the wok, stir fry until the vegetables become softer.
5. Add the curry powder, oyster sauce and soya sauce, if too dry, add with a bit water. Stir fry all together.
6. Add the drained-ricenoodles in the wok, mix all thoroughly. Ready to serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lintang, sering nich denger Singapore Noodles...belum pernah coba sich...btw, saya link yach blogspot kamu di blog saya...

A Khudori Soleh said...

liat2 resep yang beda

Labels

Followers