Monday, November 3, 2008
Stir-fry Green Beans With Dried Anchovies
This dish is very simple to make yet very healthy. In the ingredients I added dried anchovies, but you can substitute with boneless chicken or beef or shrimp which is cut in slices, it would be delicious too. I like it if the beans are half-cooked, not too soft, not too hard.. when you're biting them, they are still crunchy. Ready-used sambal from the store you can substitute with crushed fresh chillies and tomatoes.
500 gr green beans
250 gr button mushrooms
50 gr dried anchovies, soak in hot water, drained
1 onion, slices
5 garlics, slices
2 tbsps ready-used sambal
salt & peper
3 cm laos /galanga
2 salam leafs / Indonesian laurier leafs
1 teaspoon broth powder
3-4 tbsps kecap manis / Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce
1. Heat the oil in the pan, add with onion and garlic. Stir until soft, then add sambal. Stir well.
2. Add the green beans, laos and salam leafs in the pan. Regularly stiring until the beans are half-cooked. If too dry, add a little bit water.
3. Add the mushrooms, and season with salt, pepper and broth powder. Stir well.
4. Add the dried anchovis, stir well.
5. Last one, add kecap manis, stir thoroughly, remove from the pan.