Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chocolate Almond Cookies

Cookies are the most eaten things in my house. My children can't live without them. As snacks for school, as snacks for after school, as snacks in front of TV, as snacks when they're reading or studying. In results I must have them always available in cupboard otherwise they become mad. But with my pleasure I always put them in my shopping lists or sometimes I just make them myself. Like this time, as weekend baking, I made for them chocolate almond cookies. These cookies are very light, no need eggs, good for the line and the most important my daughter loves them.
The recipe is taken from book "De Bak Encyclopedie".


Ingredients:

300 gr flour, sifted
20 gr cacao powder, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
75 gr sugar
1 package vanilla sugar (8 - 10 gr)
3 drops almond essence
3 tablespoons milk
175 gr cold butter

Finishing:
Milk
50 gr sugar
200 gr almond flakes


Methods:

1. Mix the flour, cacao and baking powder in the mixing bowl.
2. Add with sugar, vanilla, almond essence and milk. Mix the mixture through then add with butter.
3. Knead the dough until smooth and not sticky. If it's too sticky, put the dough in the fridge for a while.
4. Make a big roll then flat it. Make the cookies into the shapes you prefer.
5. Brush the cookies with milk, then sprankle with sugar and almond flakes.
6. Put them in pre-heated oven on 175°c and bake for about 15-25 minutes.

ooooooOOOoooooo

I'm sending my cookies over to Susan at Food Blogga for her Christmas Cookie event. Just click on the logo below that will take you to her round-up.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I love their shape and color! I bet they tasted great.

Zo said...

They look so cute and yummy! I don't have any cookie cutters though :(

Also, how much is a package of sugar?

Lintang Dewani said...

@Katie: thanks

@zo: around 8-10 gr, you can cut in any shapes you like using a knife..

Finla said...

Beautiful cookie.
Send this to Susans for her christme cookie event she will love them.
http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/11/eat-christmas-cookies-season-2.html

Lintang Dewani said...

@Happy Cook: I sent this straight away after reading your comment... thanks for the info :o)

Karen said...

I think chocolate and almond go so well together. The cookies in a star shape look so "Christmasy". I like your blog! Nice entry for Susan's cookie blog.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Thank you for the festive star shaped cookies, Lintang! They would get gobbled up pretty quickly in my house. :)

Dewi said...

Those are very pretty cookies, I am sure they are delicious.

Anonymous said...

These cookies are so lovely, they look like Christmas ornaments :). The photo looks so elegant, too; I'd love to feature your cookies on our blog, please let me know if you're interested :).

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com

Labels

Followers