Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chocolate Cookies Filled With Marzipan


Still don't find any perfect season cookies? Try this one. Recipe taken from a book titled "Chocola" from Christine McFadden and Christine France. They are very easy to make, filled with marzipan which is loved by the children and the appearance looks really good for any occasions especially forthcoming christmas.


Ingredients:
200 gr soft unsalted butter
200 gr light brownsugar
1 egg
300 gr flour, sifted
4 tablespoons cacao powder, sifted
200 gr white marzipan

Topping:
White sugar glaze or
melting white chocolate

Methods:
1. Pre-heat the oven at 190°C.
2. Whisk the butter and sugar, add the egg in the mixture. Whisk all thoroughly.
3. Add the flour and cacao powder. Mix well using the wooden-spoon until the dough can be kneaded.
4. On a floured surface roll half of the dough until 5 mm thick by using rolling-pin.
5. Cut the cookies using cookies cutter, filled with small balls of marzipan then cover with another layer of flower-shapes dough.
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Leave them to cool on the wire rack.
7. Decorate with melting white chocolate or white sugar glaze.

ooooooOOOoooooo

I'm sending over this to Susan at Food Blogga for her Christmas Cookie event. Just click on the logo below that will take you to her round-up.

4 comments:

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I've always wanted to make these cookies and never have. Now you have inspired me, Lintang. They look lovely and must be delicious! Thanks for the entry!

Finla said...

I have never had these cookies and my hubby has been asking me to make filled cookies, so i am bookmarking these.
They look superb.

Karen said...

These are such cute cookies and I love the addition of the marzipan in the center. Nice additioin to Susan's cookie recipe site.

Snooky doodle said...

these look so nice and I m a sucker for marzipan and chocolate. this surely is a must try :)

Labels

Followers