Simple dish with a great result, this is what I'd like to say about this dish. It's a kind of soup but with coconut milk. You can always combine the vegetables according to the season. Delicious to be served with steamed rice and fried chicken or fried fish.
Tempeh, cut in small cubes, fried
1 tablespoon sambal ulek
1 big red onions
2 salam leafs
3 cm laos / galanga
2 carrots, thick sliced
1 cup brussels sprouts, cut in two
1 cup green beans
1 cup red paprika
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
1 cube vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1. Cut the vegetables in cubes.
2. Heat the oil in the deep pan. Fry the red onions and garlics until soft and fragrant.
3. Add the sambal ulek, stir thoroughly.
4. Add the carrots, salam leafs and laos in the pan. Stir together then pour the water in.
5. Let it boiled then add the green beans and vegetable broth.
6. Cook until the vegetables half-cooked, then add the brussels sprouts and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
7. When the vegetables are cooked, add the coconut milk and tempeh in the soup, stirring well then let it boiled. Ready to be served.