Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Acar Kuning (Indonesian Vegetable Pickle)

Acar is a type of salad made in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. It is made from different vegetables such as yardlong beans, carrots and cabbage which are pickled in vinegar.

There are many varieties of acar such acar ramping, acar kuning, acar ketimun, acar segar etc. Acar is commonly served as a condiment to be eaten with a main course.

The one I have here is Acar Kuning. The vegetables are tossed (half-cooked) and mixed with ground spices.

Ingredients:
200 gr carrots
1 cucumber
200 gr green beans
250 ml water
3 tablespoon vinegar
5 kemiri nuts
3 garlics
3 cm curcuma / kunyit
3 cm ginger / jahe
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
salt

Directions:

1. Crush into a paste: garlics, kemiri, curcuma, ginger, ground pepper and salt.
2. Heat the oil in the wok, add the spices paste and stir until fragrant.
3. Add with carrots and green beans, stir well then add water. Cook until the vegetalbes half cooked.
4. Add with sugar and vinegar, stir well.
5. Last one add the cucumber. Stir well and remove from the fire.

No comments:

Labels

Followers