Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Choco Orange Cookies

Weekend time, baking time. As usual my baking is based on "Easy, Simple but Delicious". This time I took recipe from book "De Bak Encyclopedie", where there are many delicious recipes to be tried out. My choice went to Choco Orange Cookies (Sinaasappel Chocoladekoekjes, dutch translated). These cookies were very easy to make and they are absolutely delicioius, so crunchy... so fragrant... and have incredible taste. The combinations of the sweetness from orange and chocolate chips are just perfect. I will certainly make these cookies again... again.. and again.

Ingredients:
200 gr flour
60 gr maizena
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
100 gr sugar
1 package vanilla sugar/vanilla powder
Grated peel of 1 orange
1 egg
125 soft butter
100 gr chocolate bar, cut in small pieces



Directions:
1. Put in the bowl the flour, maizena, sifted baking powder, egg, sugar, vanilla sugar, grated peel and butter. Mix together, first using low speed afterwards using highest speed.
2. Add the chocolate pieces, and mix using medium speed. Knead the dough and make 3 rolls. Flatten the dough and create an oval form with circa 5 cm width and 1 cm thick. Leave it to rest in the fridge until the dough becomes hard.
3. Cut the dough per 1/2 cm thick and lay them on the baking pan. Make sure enough spaces between the dough because the cookies will expand.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven with temperature between 175 - 200°c for about 15 minutes (depends on the thickness).


**I was using 175°c and baked it for about 25 minutes until the colour became brown. Don't be surprised when you remove the cookies from the oven they are still soft. This is the trick, as soon as you take the baking pan out of the oven, remove all the cookies on to other surface, the cookies will become harder straight away.

**You can make any shapes you like if you want to. You don't have to refrigerate it in advance. Just make sure you give enough spaces between the cookies before you bake it.

**If you don't have chocolate bars, you can use choco chips or chocolate sprinkles. I think it's easier and less work.

1 comment:

Nisa-mom said...

permisiiiii.. ikutan mampir mba hehehe..

Labels

Followers