Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fried Tofu With Pineapple Sauce



Tofu or bean curd is a food of Chinese origin, made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into blocks. Tofu has very little flavor or smell on its own, so it can be used either in savory or sweet dishes, and is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish. Tofu is low in calories, contains beneficial amounts of iron and has no saturated fat or cholesterol.

The recipe below is one of simple ways to prepare tofu into a dish.

Ingredients:
Tofu, fry, cut in small pieces
250 gr bean sprouts (taoge), soak in hot water, drained
1 cumcumer, thin slices
Slices pineapple (I used one from the can)

Sauce:
5 red chillies, fine-crushed
1 tablespoon dried shrimps/ebi, soak in hot water, fine-crushed
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
salt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
200 ml water
3 tablespoons Indonesian sweet soy (kecap manis)
3-5 slices pineapples, chopped



Directions:
1. Put all the ingredients of the sauce in a pan. Let it boiled and keep stiring until the sauce becoming thickened. Put aside.
2. Prepare the bean sprouts, slices of cumcumer, slices of tofu and small slices of pineapple on the plate, then pour the sauce over it. Serve with krupuk.

1 comment:

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hi there, this reminds me of gado-gado. Yum.

Labels

Followers