Sunday, December 7, 2008
Almond Orange Financier
This French cake is buttery and rich, baked in individual molds and added with orange zest to enrich the taste. Perfect to accompany my afternoon tea-time.
Serving for 12 small individual molds
80 gr sugar powder
40 gr almond powder
50 gr butter, melted
40 gr self-raising flour
3 (90 grams) white eggs
4 drops orange essence (not in my stock, changed with vanilla essence)
1 tablespoon orange jam
orange zest from 1/2 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, almond, flour, orange jam, essence and orange zest.
3. Add white eggs and whisk to combine.
4. Slowly stir in butter.
5. Pour batter into individual molds, bake about 15 minutes.
6. Garnish top with candied orange peel, and dust with sugar powder.