Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Caramelized Shrimp

Cooking with wok is always the fastest way to prepare your meal. It is not only quick and easy, it is also very healthy if you use it correctly.

This time I try to prepare shrimp using caramel sauce from palm sugar. I am a seafood lover, eventhough I have a bad allergic reaction if I eat seafood. But no matter what I do love it.... when I eat it the medicine must be ready on my hand off-course... :o))

Ingredients:
25 gr palm sugar, grated
500 gr large shrimps
2 red chillies, fine-chopped
2 spring onions, fine-chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon extra palm sugar
1 garlic, fine-chopped
ground pepper to season
coriander leafs (if you like it)

Methods:
1. Make the caramel sauce first. Heat the palm sugar with 3 tablespoons water until the sugar dissolved and continue cooking boiling until the sugar becomes dark brown.

2. In a wok, heat the oil. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.

3. Add the shrimps, chillies nd spring onions, stir-fry until the shrimps become pink.

4. Add the caramel sauce, fish sauce, extra palm sugar and season with ground pepper. Cook until the sauce thick and enough to coat the shrimps. Add with coriander leafs if you like it.

No comments:

Labels

Followers