Thursday, April 2, 2009
Otak otak berselimut // Wrapped Fish Cake
Source: Sedap Sekejap (Indonesian cookbook magazine)
250 gr fish fillet
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 red onions
85 ml water
125 gr tapioca flour
20 spring roll wrappers
50 gr fried peanuts
5 red chillies
1/2 teasp salt
1 teasp sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
50 ml water
1. Make first the fish paste by blending all ingredients in a blender.
If you use frozen fish, make sure you defrost the fish first before blending and reduce the amount of water.
2. Take 2 teaspoons fish paste each for one wrapper.
3. Deep fry the fish cake in hot oil until golden brown.
4. Serve it while hot accompanied with peanut sauce.
1. Grind the peanuts and chillies finely.
2. Boil the water and the rest of ingredients until all dissolved.