Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coconut Avocado Ice Cream

Back in Indonesia, we make kind of avocado drink using all these ingredients of this ice cream as avocado drink (Es Teler) . When I found the recipe from Allrecipes as ice cream and it really attempted me to try making it straight away... wow, this was very tasty and had a very fresh taste. It seems like an unusual combination, but it works perfectly together.

Coconut Avocado Ice Cream

I copy the original recipe here.

Coconut Avocado Ice Cream (source: AllRecipes)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (335 ml) milk
1 cup (235 ml) coconut cream
1/2 cup (100 gr) white sugar
454 gr avocados, peeled and pitted
4 teaspoons lemon juice



Direction:
1. Puree milk, coconut cream, sugar, avocados, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours until cold. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions, then freeze overnight.

2. Allow ice cream to soften in refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.

Tips:
If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can make this in the freezer. Just pour the puree into a dish and place it into the freezer. Freeze for about 2 to 3 hours, then mash it into a slush; repeat the freezing and mashing about 3 to 4 times so that the ice cream will be smooth. Finally, freeze overnight and serve as directed.

No comments:

Labels

Followers