Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gulai Ayam (Indonesian Spiced Chicken)


This chicken dish I made for our Lebaran dinner, accompanied by nasi kebuli and acar.

Ingredients:
1 chicken, cut into small pieces
750 ml coconut milk
2-3 esps dessicated coconut, roasted, pounded
1 lemon grass/sereh, bruised
3 lime leaves/daun jeruk
1 esp tamarind juice
1/2 nutmeg, bruised
1-2 cardamoms, bruised
3 cloves
3 cm cinnamons

Spices paste:
8 red chillies
2 tsps ground coriander, roasted
1/2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
1/2 tsp ground pepper
3 garlics
7 red onions
1 tsp chopped ginger/jahe
1 tsp curcuma/kunyit
2 cm galanga/laos


Directions:
1. Heat the oil in the pan. Fry the spices paste, sereh, lime leaves, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken and dessicated coconut in the pan, stir well until chicken colored.
3. The pour the coconut milk and tamarind juice.
4. Cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy becomes thick.

No comments:

Labels

Followers