Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Light Tutti Frutti Cake

Light Tutti Frutti Cake

I find this recipe from book called "Gezond eten met soja" (translate: The soy for health Cookbook). Since I'm busy to reduce (or to stop) consuming red meat, I try to find proteins, fibres, minerals and vitamines by consuming more soy products. I'm not sick or turning becoming vegetarian, but what I'm trying to do for me and my family is to eat healthy as much as I can. We still eat chicken and fish, but also tofu and tempeh. I'm glad that my family doesn't have any problems with food, they eat everything I serve on table. The most important is diversifications on daily food to avoid boringness.

By the way this cake is so delicious and if it's decorated with marzipan or a icing sugar this cake will be perfect and ideal for birthday cake.

350 gr selfraising flour
1 teasp baking powder
1 teasp ** pumpkin pie spice (blend of powdered cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and sometimes allspice)
175 gr tutti frutti
175 gr soymargarine
175 gr brown sugar
3 eggs
3 tablesps milk

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°c.

2. Sift the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Put the tutti frutti in the mixture and mix well.

3. Beat the margarine together with sugar. Add gradually eggs and blend all together. Pour the milk and stir well.

4. Add the flour mixture gradually in the margarine mixture, mix all together thoroughly. Pour the mixture in a bakingform 20cm and bake the cake for about 1-11/2 hour. Insert a knife to see wether the cake is done.

5. Leave the cake to cool in the bakingform, then remove.

**I don't know where to find pumpkin pie spices in my place, so I replace it with spekoek/speculaas spices.

No comments:

Labels

Followers