Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Light Tutti Frutti Cake
By the way this cake is so delicious and if it's decorated with marzipan or a icing sugar this cake will be perfect and ideal for birthday cake.
350 gr selfraising flour
1 teasp baking powder
1 teasp ** pumpkin pie spice (blend of powdered cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and sometimes allspice)
175 gr tutti frutti
175 gr soymargarine
175 gr brown sugar
3 tablesps milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°c.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Put the tutti frutti in the mixture and mix well.
3. Beat the margarine together with sugar. Add gradually eggs and blend all together. Pour the milk and stir well.
4. Add the flour mixture gradually in the margarine mixture, mix all together thoroughly. Pour the mixture in a bakingform 20cm and bake the cake for about 1-11/2 hour. Insert a knife to see wether the cake is done.
5. Leave the cake to cool in the bakingform, then remove.
**I don't know where to find pumpkin pie spices in my place, so I replace it with spekoek/speculaas spices.