Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Curry Spring Rolls

Spring rolls

Spring rolls or also called lumpia.. such a classic snack.. but I'm never bored to make and eat it. I never really plan to make lumpia in advance, in fact I always make the filling from leftover raw vegetables which I can find in the fridge.
So, no need any fancy or expensive things in the spring rolls, in fact it can be called economical spring rolls made from leftover veggies... :o))

Ingredients:
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
3 kemiri nuts, fine crushed
carrots
button mushrooms
leaks
dried oyster mushrooms
rice vermicelli
2 teasps curry powder
1/2 teasp salt
1/2 teasp pepper
2 teasps chicken stock powder
Spring rolls wrappers


Directions:
1. Heat the oil in the pan. Stir fry the red onion, garlic and kemiri nuts until fragrant.

2. Add the carrots, stir fry until carrots half cooked.

3. Then add the rest of the vegetables (mushrooms and leaks).

4. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock, mix all thoroughly until the vegetables cooked.

5. Add the rice vermicelli and if necessary add a bit water. Keep stiring until all ingredients blended in rice vermicelli and done. Remove from the fire, put aside to cool.

Spring rolls

6. Lay a spring roll wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Use your index finger to wet all the edges with the beaten egg or cornstarch/water paste. Place approximately 2 teapoons of filling near the bottom. Roll over once, tuck in the sides, and then continue rolling. Seal the top.

7. Deep-fry the spring rolls in 3 to 4 batches, cooking until they are golden brown and crispy (about 3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Serve with hot chilli sauce if you like.

No comments:

Labels

Followers