Thursday, March 26, 2009
Curry Spring Rolls
So, no need any fancy or expensive things in the spring rolls, in fact it can be called economical spring rolls made from leftover veggies... :o))
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
3 kemiri nuts, fine crushed
dried oyster mushrooms
2 teasps curry powder
1/2 teasp salt
1/2 teasp pepper
2 teasps chicken stock powder
Spring rolls wrappers
1. Heat the oil in the pan. Stir fry the red onion, garlic and kemiri nuts until fragrant.
2. Add the carrots, stir fry until carrots half cooked.
3. Then add the rest of the vegetables (mushrooms and leaks).
4. Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock, mix all thoroughly until the vegetables cooked.
5. Add the rice vermicelli and if necessary add a bit water. Keep stiring until all ingredients blended in rice vermicelli and done. Remove from the fire, put aside to cool.
7. Deep-fry the spring rolls in 3 to 4 batches, cooking until they are golden brown and crispy (about 3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Serve with hot chilli sauce if you like.