Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ayam Panggang Opor (Grilled Chicken)

Basically this grilled chicken is the leftover I have from opor ayam (translated: chicken in coconut gravy). Because me and the family don't really like to eat twice the same, so the leftover chicken I grill it in the oven or if it's summer at the barbeque grill... so safe the planet, nothing to be thrown away... and it's delicious too.. :o))

Opor Ayam (Chicken in coconut gravy)
Ingredients:
1 chicken, cut in pieces
250 ml coconut milk
250 ml water
2 tablesps sugar

Bumbu:
5 red onions
2 cloves garlic
2 teasps coriander
1/2 teasp jinten (cumin seeds)
3 kemiri nuts
1 teasp kunyit (turmeric)
1/2 teasp asam jawa (tamarind pulp mix with a little bit water)
salt

Directions:
1. Blend all the "bumbu" ingredients in a blender to became a thick paste.

2. Heat the oil in the pan/wok and stir fry the paste in hot oil until fragrant.

3. Add with pieces of chicken and cook until colored. Add sugar, salt and water. Simmer until the chicken half cooked.

4. Add the coconut milk, stir well and let it cook again until chicken done and the gravy is a bit thick. Until here, the chicken can be served as opor ayam.

5. Grilled ayam opor.
Put pieces of chicken on the tray, pour with a bit gravy, then grill both sides until dry and brown. Serve with salads.

No comments:

Labels

Followers