This posting is made for monthly Jugalbandi Click Food Photography Event for August 2008. This month theme is "Citrus". To know more about this fun event, please click to their link here.
This refreshing and delicious drink is one of my fave's. I just can't get enough by drinking one big glass only...hmmm, so delicious refreshing... It sweeps away the thirst especially on a sweaty day when temperature goes up to more than 30 degrees celcius outside.
For the syrup:
6 dl water
450 gr sugar
4 sticks lemongrasses, crushed
1. Cook all the ingredients above slowly until boiled. Cook for about 10 minutes, let it cool.
2. Pull out the lemongrasses, put aside 2 of them. Blend the other lemongrasses with the syrup. Refined just to get the juice.
For the lemonade:
3-5 dl lemongrass syrup
5 dl water
a handful fresh mint leafs
1. Mix the lemon juices with water.
2. Then add 3-5 dl syrup (or according to your taste).
3. Add mint leafs and lemongrasses.
4. Stir well and leave in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes.
5. Serve cold.... **serve it hot can be done too and the best is in winter time :)