Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tahu Guling // Tofu Rolled In Spicy Sweet Sour Sauce

This dish is originally from Tegal, a small city in Java. But if you find this dish somewhere else but Tegal, it seems it has been modified according to the taste of the people or the place where you buy. I have the recipe from Indonesian local magazine Femina, and this is the way to make Tahu Guling or free translated as fried tofu rolled in spicy sweet sour sauce. But if you go to other side of Indonesia, you'll might find this dish with different flavour. It doesn't matter, I haven't eaten this dish before ... not as I remember ... but my curiousity is paid, this dish is so delicious and simple to make... I like it so much ^_^
Tahu Guling
(Source: Femina)

Ingredients:
300 ml warm water
1 tsp vinegar
50 ml Indonesian sweet soysauce (kecap manis)
12 tofu, fried, slice 4x4 cm
150 gr taoge
5 tablespoons fried onions
1 tablespoon chopped celery (spring onion)
Grind:
4 red chilies
4 cloves garlic
50 gr gula jawa (brown sugar)
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
- Sauce: mix all grind ingredients, add with water, vinegar and kecap manis. Set aside.

- Serving: place fried tofu on a plate, add with taoge. Pour the sauce over the tofu. Sprinkle with fried onions and chopped celery / spring onion.

No comments:

Labels

Followers