Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Gulai Kambing // Spiced Lamb

Gulai kambing or lamb which is cooked in a curry-like coconut milk soup is belonged to street hawker and is quite popular in Indonesia. It is easy to be found in almost every corner of the city. What I like from this dish is the rich aroma of spices and distinctive flavour of lamb mixed together in the mouth. The lamb stew is usually served with Acar (pickled of carrots and cucumber) but my version is served with Acar Kuning and Sambal. Hmmm.. makes me hungry again by writing this.

I have this recipe from my mother, she said the gulai will taste better by using fresh ingredients and toasted for a while on a dry wok. But my style is always the easy and quick way of cooking except if I have plenty time to stand behind the kitchen maybe I'll do the same as her way... ^_^

This is also my entry for event Masak Bareng Yuuk (Cooking Together) for the month January 2010, and the theme is Panganan Kaki Lima (Street hawker Food).

Gulai Kambing // Spiced Lamb

Ingredients:
1/2 kg lambs
1 stick sereh (lemon grass)
salt, pepper
750 ml coconut milk

5 shallots
3 cloves garlic
3 candlenuts (kemiri)
1 teaspoon kunyit (curcuma) powder
4 red chillies
1/4 teaspoon jinten (cumin seeds)
1/2 tablespoon ketumbar (coriander) powder
1/2 teaspoon pala (nutmeg) powder
1/2 teaspoon cinamon powder
1/2 teaspoon laos (galanga) powder

Directions:
- Cut the lamb into bite-size chunks.
- Blend all the spices in a blender or using a mortar to have a smooth paste.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan, add the paste and lemon grass and saute until fragrant.
- Then add the lamb, stirring frequently.
- Pour the coconut milk and bring to boil. Stirring constantly, season with salt and pepper, then lower the heat and allow to simmer until the meat is very tender, approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve with steamy rice, acar, sambal and krupuk.


2 comments:

MasBar said...

Lintang...
makasih yo, udah ikutan MasBar 01-10.
ditunggu banget partisipasi slanjutnya di edisi mendatang :)

ketik-ketik, gulenya masih ada buatku, kan? ehehe

nan said...

futu nya cakep mbak...
masakannya pasti lebih enak lagi....

Labels

Followers