Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Farewell Party Cake

It's been a busy weekend for me. There were two farewell party invitations in one day. One was from Pipiet, a friend who is moving back to Indonesia. Her husband worked for Indonesian Embassy in Brussels en after 4 years they move back to Indonesia to be replaced somewhere else. I couldn't come to their farewell party but I decided to make a cake with the decoration for her. The dresscode of the party was purple, so for that occasion I also chose purple to cover the cake.

.....................ooOoo...........................

The other farewell party was from Diana De Caluwe. She's going on retirement as nanny. She used to take care my daughter when she was a baby. She's been doing her job for 25 years and time to stop now. Because of this Diana's farewell party I couldn't go to farewell party of Pipiet. Diana didn't know about this party, it was a surprise for her. Her daughter planned this party with other colleagues of Diana and all kids who used to be onder her care were invited.

It was a pleasant and emotional meeting after 3 years didn't see each other. Especially when she saw my daughter again, she had tears in her eyes. And my cake, I tought it would be for everybody, but no, she didn't share it with other guests but she kept it for herself.. hahaha.. which is fine for me. In fact I made it especially for her.

.......................ooOoo........................

The cake itself was a chocolate cake filled with mascarpone strawberry and covered or decorated with rolled fondant.

It was hard work to decorate two cakes for the same day. It was a bit lack of ideas, but then I just decided to go for something simple yet pretty to see.

No comments:

Labels

Followers