Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Indonesian Traditional Sweet Layered Rice Pudding

Ingredients:
950 ml coconut milk
2-3 pandan leafs or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
300 gr sugar
250 gr rice flour
100 gr tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
Purple (or other color) food coloring

Directions:
1. Boil the coconut milk and pandan leafs (or vanilla extract) over medium heat, then remove and cool.
2. Mix the rice flour, tapioca flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Gradually stir in the coconut milk, blend well.
3. Divide the coconut mixture into two parts. Color one with food coloring and one part stays white.
4. Prepare a square baking pan or square plastick mold. If you use baking pan, coat the pan lightly with cooking oil.
5. Pour about 100 cc of colored mixture in the mold and steam for about 10 minutes, until the surface hardened. Cover the lid of the steamer with a napkin to protect the cake from steam droplets.
6. Then pour over 100 cc of uncolored mixture and steam for another 10 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
7. Steam again for about 20 minutes, remove and let cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this looks so decadent and good!
I love your recipes and photos. I want to invite you to share them with us at Foodista. It's a cooking encyclopedia ala wikipedia, full of recipes, cooking techniques and more from around the world!
We also have small embeddable widgets that can help you build traffic from Foodista-related pages. Check it out here. I can't wait to see more of your recipes!

Wstreet Photography said...

nice ..wanna try this too

Labels

Followers