950 ml coconut milk
2-3 pandan leafs or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
300 gr sugar
250 gr rice flour
100 gr tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
Purple (or other color) food coloring
1. Boil the coconut milk and pandan leafs (or vanilla extract) over medium heat, then remove and cool.
2. Mix the rice flour, tapioca flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Gradually stir in the coconut milk, blend well.
3. Divide the coconut mixture into two parts. Color one with food coloring and one part stays white.
4. Prepare a square baking pan or square plastick mold. If you use baking pan, coat the pan lightly with cooking oil.
5. Pour about 100 cc of colored mixture in the mold and steam for about 10 minutes, until the surface hardened. Cover the lid of the steamer with a napkin to protect the cake from steam droplets.
6. Then pour over 100 cc of uncolored mixture and steam for another 10 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
7. Steam again for about 20 minutes, remove and let cool.