Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Green Curry Paste

Since raising two kids and keeping daily activities outside the house get the higher priorities, I try to spend less time in the kitchen without loosing qualities and quantities of the dishes. And how to do this? By using curry paste as base of ingredients, where the paste can be prepared in advance and kept for quite long time in the fridge. Then when time for dinner, I combine the curry with chicken, fish, beef or vegetables. It's always delicious and my family loves it. This way I save a lot of time in the kitchen by blending all stuffs and certainly less mess too.

Green curry is a variety of curry in Thai cuisine. The name "green" curry derives from the color of the dish. Other Thai curry dishes are identified solely by their colors, such as yellow and red. Green curry can be made with meat, duck, chicken, fish or vegetables and is usually eaten as an accompaniment to rice or round rice noodles.

This is the basic green curry paste I made... enough for making 3 to 4 times dishes. Stay tuned I'll be posting the recipes using this curry paste soon.

Green curry paste:
2 tablespoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons shrimp paste (optional- I skip this)
1 teaspoon ground peper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
4 lemon grass
2 teaspoon galanga
1 lime leaf
1 tablespoon coriander roots (optional)
10 garlics
5 sjalots
16 or less green chillies

- Blend all ingredients in the blender to make paste. Add a bit water as needed.
- Put the paste in the jar and keep it cool in the fridge.

No comments:

Labels

Followers