Sunday, June 1, 2008
Now is strawberry season here. The city where I live has their own strawberry productions. During the season, along the streets you can find the stands that sell fresh strawberries. The price is a bit more expensive than from the supermarkt, but the taste is really sweet and the size is also bigger. Really nice to see it. Every year in the month of May, it'll be held an election of Princess Strawberry (Aardbeien Princess). During that election it'll be also shown up the best and the biggest strawberries in the neighbourhood.
Since I have too much strawberries at home and nothing to do today because the weather is really bad, so I tried to make this strawberry tart. To make the cake itself was not really a problem, but to make the filling was a bit tricky. But after I followed steps by steps all the instructions, it worked well.
2 eatspoons hot water
150 gr sugar
1 package vanilla sugar
100 gr flour
100 gr maizena
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 package (12gr) + 2 full teaspoons gelatine powder(*for Indonesia can be changed with agar-agar powder, I guess)
5 eatspoons cold water
5 dl blended strawberry (from 500 gr strawberry)
1-2 eatspoons lemon juice
100 gr sugar
6 dl whipped cream
strawberry for decoration
1. Whisk eggs and water for about 1 minute, then add sugar gradually, then whisk again for about 2 minutes.
2. Mix flour, maizena and baking powder together. Sift this mixed flour into eggs batter gradually by using the lowest speed.
3. Pour the batter into cake form (diam. 28 cm).
4. Bake for about 30 minutes and heat 180°C.
5. After baked, remove the cake straight away from the form and put on the wire rack. Let it cool, then divide into 2 or 3 bottoms. After cooling you can sprinkle with 8 eatspoons strawberry liqeur.
1. Heat gelatine powder and water. Stir slowly until gelatine dissolved.
2. Mix blended-strawberry, lemon juice and sugar. Add into hot gelatine mixed and let it boil together. Put aside to let it cool.
3. After the gelatine mixed starting becoming harder, whisk the whipped cream and then mix it slowly into gelatine mixed.
4. Spread this mix as filling, the top and the side of the cake. Add fresh strawberries as decoration. Let it cool in the fridge before serving.