Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fish Stew


This quick, economical and satisfying fish dish will please any fish lover for lunch or a light supper. We consume this dish usually in winter or when it's cold and rainy. This time I didn't use parsley but replaced it with chopped celery.

Ingredients:
6 tbsps olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
120 grams mushrooms, sliced
450 grams canned tomatoes
pinch dried thyme
pinch salt and pepper
430 ml water
900 grams white fish fillets, skinned
140 ml white wine (can be deleted)
2 tbsps chopped parsley
Directions:
1. Heat the oil and add onions. Cook until beginning to look translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and bring to boil.
3. Add thyme, salt, pepper and water, simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Add the fish and wine (is using) and cook until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsely.
5. Serve with a piece of toasted French bread.

Recipe adapted from Fish & Seafood Cooking book.

2 comments:

Sailaja said...

I am a vegetarian. Otherwise would definately try this recipe

Lintang Dewani said...

oh sailaja, that's too bad. maybe you can subtitute the fish with mushrooms and beans..

Labels

Followers