Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Banana Fritters

Banana fritters are the most common snacsk eaten by Indonesian people. The most common and cheap fruit in Indonesia is the banana (pisang). There is a wide variety of bananas, from the tiny, sweet pisang mas to the large pisang tanduk or plantain used for making banana fritters (pisang goreng). Pisang kepok and pisang raja are also good for making banana fritters, pisang susu is a kind of small starchy banana with light yellow skin and pisang Ambon is the kind of banana that is most commonly eaten in western countries. Just peel and eat! Believe it or not, pisang raja serai is good eaten with a slice of cheese! (Information about banana adapted from here). Banana fritters can be easily made at home but also easily find on the street and ready to eat in Indonesia.

I always use unripe pisang ambon when I make banana fritters. The texture is a bit softer but the taste is even good as if you use pisang raja or pisang tanduk.

Ingredients:
5 bananas
200 grams selfraising flour
3 dl water
2 eggs
pinch of salt
25 grams sugar
vanilla powder
oil for frying
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and vanilla powder. Make a well in the center, and pour in water and egg. Mix until smooth. Fold in banana slices until evenly coated.

2. Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

3. Drop banana mixture by tablespoon into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove bananas from oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Sailaja said...

Wow. This looks amazing. Will definately try this.

Labels

Followers