This is my attempt to practice making roll cake. Well, it's not really difficult as I thought at first. And the coffee taste in the mixture just makes the cake really smashing.
80 gr sugar
80 gr cake flour
20 gr cocoa powder
60 gr cornoil
4 - 5 lady fingers
200 gm. Whipped Cream
Coffee Syrup: mix together
100 ml. hot water
1 to 2 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tbs Bailey's coffee
(1) Whisk eggs ad sugar till light and fluffy.
(2) Gently fold in sifted flour , cocoa powder and cornoil into the eggs mixture.
(3) Pour into a rectangular tray of 10" x 14" (lined with greaseproof paper) and then bake at 200C for about 8 - 10 mins.
(4) Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
(5) When sponge is cooled, brush with coffee syrup, spread the whipped cream onto sponge and place soaked sponge fingers (soak into coffee syrup) on top of cream and roll into a swiss roll.
(7) Put into the refrigerator.
(8) Sieve cocoa powder on top of swiss roll, slice and serve.