Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Coffee Swiss Roll

This is my attempt to practice making roll cake. Well, it's not really difficult as I thought at first. And the coffee taste in the mixture just makes the cake really smashing.

sponge cake:
4 eggs
80 gr sugar
80 gr cake flour
20 gr cocoa powder
60 gr cornoil
4 - 5 lady fingers

Filling:
200 gm. Whipped Cream

Coffee Syrup: mix together
100 ml. hot water
1 to 2 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tbs Bailey's coffee


Directions:
(1) Whisk eggs ad sugar till light and fluffy.
(2) Gently fold in sifted flour , cocoa powder and cornoil into the eggs mixture.
(3) Pour into a rectangular tray of 10" x 14" (lined with greaseproof paper) and then bake at 200C for about 8 - 10 mins.
(4) Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
(5) When sponge is cooled, brush with coffee syrup, spread the whipped cream onto sponge and place soaked sponge fingers (soak into coffee syrup) on top of cream and roll into a swiss roll.
(7) Put into the refrigerator.
(8) Sieve cocoa powder on top of swiss roll, slice and serve.

No comments:

Labels

Followers