Rice noodles are noodles that are made from rice. Their principal ingredients are rice flour and water. However, sometimes other ingredients such as tapioca or corn starch are also added in order to improve the transparency or increase the gelatinous and chewy texture of the noodles.
The most common recipe is fried rice noodles. If I want to cook easy and fast and also satisfying, I will make this. Every person will have different ingredients to make it. But actually the basic ingredients you need are garlic, rice noodles, dark soy sauce/kecap manis, salt & pepper. The rest of ingredients are as additives according to your taste.
Here is my simple version of fried rice noodles recipe:
200 gr rice noodles, soak in warm water, drained
100 gr minced meat (can be deleted for vegans)
carrots, fine sliced
mushrooms, fine sliced
cabbage, fine sliced
2 cloves garlics, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
3 eatsps dark soy sauce or kecap manis
1. Heat the wok and pour in the cooking oil.
2. Add garlic, stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add minced meat, stir fry until the meat turning brown.
4. Add carrots, stir fry until carrots half-cooked, then add mushroom and cabbage. Stir fry again.
5. Add some water to make a bit sauce and season with salt and pepper. If you like, add chicken/beef/vegetable broth to give more flavour.
6. Add dark soy sauce or kecap manis, stir fry until everything cooked.
7. Finally add rice noodles, celery and spring onions. Mix thoroughly until noodles covered.
- For vegans you can always remove the meat.
- Minced meat can be replaced with chicken fillet, seafood or eggs.
- Other vegetables can be added/replaced according to your tastes.
- If you like the spicy one, just add a bit sambal or chillies in the fried rice noodles.