Friday, August 13, 2010
Blackberries Cinnamon Cake
If others have blackberries in their bag, I have blackberries in my garden... ^_^. They can't be used to make a phone call or to send email etc but they can certainly be eaten.
Our blackberries are growing very healthy and wildly through the year. Actually the plant was almost thrown away by my hubby when he was planting other plants. With a hard resistance by me *wink.. I was able to move it somewhere else hidden between the hedge. Surprisingly this blackberry plant still grows healthy and produces quite amount of fruit.
I don't really like the fruit, so over the years I just let the fruit eaten by the wild birds. This summer my hubby is busy changing our garden and makes the birds scared to eat the blackberries, here I am with small boxes of blackberries trying to figure out how to turn this fruit into something yummy.
After browsing here and there, I finally found a recipe that fits me, easy, practical and also economical... Blackberry Cinnamon Cake.. (source: Bramen Kaneeltaart).
Here I'm sharing with you the recipe:
140 gr butter
140 gr sugar
140 gr almond powder
140 gr selfraising flour
1 theespoon cinnamon powder
1 theespoon vanilla-essence (I use vanilla sugar)
150 - 225 gr fresh blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 º F. Line a round baking tin with baking paper of about 23 cm.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, almonds, flour, egg, the cinnamon and vanilla essence in a bowl.
3. Spoon half the mixture into the mold and spread it with a fork a little flat. Scatter the blackberries on top and divide the rest of the batter over.
4. Place the shape on the baking tray and bake the cake 1 hour, until golden brown and springy.
5. Place the cake on a rack and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top.
1. I used cupcake baking molds.
2. I added the almond powder after I beat the butter, sugar, almond, flour, egg, the cinamon & vanilla essence.
3. I sprinkled over the dough the cinnamon powder and vanilla sugar.
4. Then I baked them for about 25-30 minutes and I made 14 cupcakes.