Personal Data

My photo
Belgium
I dedicate this blog to my loving husband, my two beautiful children, my dearest friends & family. Thank you for always loving me and enjoying my food. You are my inspirations for any new creations I make.

More Pictures

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Lintang Dewani. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chocolate Tart With Mixed Berries

My daughter 'Naomi' is four years on February 11. It feels like yesterday when she was still a tiny and fragile baby. It's unbelievable how she grows and what she can do lately. Everything goes forward fastly.. too fast. It makes me in tears sometimes because suddenly I feel old.

Anyway, we didn't celebrate her b'day because her teacher and friends at school already planned things. I wasn't allowed either to bring cakes or any treats for her class, that's why especially for her I baked this tart, something to stand the candles which she could blow out and made a wish...:o) and I think her wishes came through. She always wanted to have 'pink' bike like other kids... and we did buy it for her as her present. You should have seen her face, sooooo happy and proud... she said 'I love you' to us many times which made us happy too.

Back to the tart, it looks quite rich, but actually it's very light. The cake is without butter, the sugar is not really overwhelming, the cream (if you like) can be replaced with light cream and the filling with frozen mixed berries. Since it's still winter here, difficult to find fresh berries and if you find them, the price is very high. So the choice was very quick to pick frozen berries instead of the fresh one.

Ingredients:
90 gr flour
1 teasp baking powder
2 tablesps cacao powder
4 eggs (divide)
100 gr sugar

Directions:
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and cacao together.
2. Wisk the egg white and gradually add the sugar.
3. Add the egg yolks in and wisk for about 20 seconds.
4. Add with mixed flour and blend well.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven with temperature 180°C and for about 25 minutes.
6. After done, remove the cake from the oven, but leave it in the tin for 5 minutes.
7. Afther 5 minutes, divide the cake into two parts then leave it to cool.

Rhum syrup:
1 tablespoon hot water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon rhum

Direction:
Dissolve the sugar in the hot water, add the rhum in then mix well then sprinkle over the cake.

Filling & Icing:
350 dl whipping cream
sugar as needed
mix berries
chocolate sprinkles

Directions:
1. Wisk the cream and add gradually with sugar until thickens and foamier. Divide into two portions.
2. Mix the mixed berries in one portion whipped cream, then fill in the cake.
3. Spread the other whipped cream on top and side of the cake. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.

No comments:

Labels

Followers